Video: Irene Khan discusses mission to Chile

Irene Khan discusses mission to Chile

Posted in Chile | 8 Comments

1. Jose Luis Contreras says:

Shameful what is occurring in America and not only South America. Distressing to see that 30 years after the Pinochet regime and the plague of tyrants that covered many Latin-American countries in blood, there is still a lot of work for the advocates of humanity. In Mexico alone, there are more than 20 million “almost invisible” (as Irene Khan said) indigenous people living in extreme poverty and segregated from the rest of the nation’s society.
    I can at least say, and end this on a positive note, that some people out there really do care and give much importance to these horrendous topics brought to life due to the absurd philosophy of Men against Men! Will we ever see a period in humanity’s existence where peace, harmony and equality really is reached? I hope I do!

2. Silvia Vinas says:

I agree Jose. I think it is shameful that people still sympathize with those who committed those atrocities. It is very hopeful to see that the number of supporters for dictators is decreasing. However there is still a lot that we need to do. I just finished reading The Pinochet Affair by Roger Burbach, I highly recommend it and I’ve written about it in my blog in Spanish. I think we are getting closer to that period that you are talking about, but again, there is so much left to do! we just need to keep going and working toward justice.

3. Jose Luis Contreras says:

Dear Silvia, I will definitely consider the book you have mentioned. I am also focusing on a research about “the Stronato.” Alfredo Stroessner’s regime in Paraguay was another shameful chapter in Latin American history.
    Best regards!

Jose Luis C.

4. JOSE JAIME DAVID MEZA BRAVO says:

como presidente de derechos ciudadanos de Chile digo m que la señora nunca me recibio y no contesto a mis requrimientos

5. JOSE JAIME DAVID MEZA BRAVO says: